Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Am/Or (That's also another word for love)

Am I in love? 
Or am I just in love with the idea of love?
Love is water, it fills open spaces and changes shape,
the idea of water, like the idea of love, may not be the real thing,
It is a prelude.
Amor... it’s another word for love. Like water between your lips to give you life.
Am I happy?
Or is the illusion of happiness enough to keep me afloat?
It’s okay to just be afloat. Sometimes you have to fake it
until you make it.
Amor... it’s another word for love. Like the seeds of a vibrant flower, ready to burst.
Am I lost?
Or is it like that phrase that tells me I might be wandering?
Sometimes when we seem lost it is not loss, but a forging of a new path
It is discovery.
Amor... it’s another word for love. Like shuddering heartbeats in an empty room.
Am I alone?
Or is the desire for company just the echoes of my own emptiness?
You’re not alone, and you have nothing to prove to anyone
but yourself
Amor... it’s another word for love. Like seeing a reflection of yourself in another.
Am I here?
Or am I somewhere only birds and planes and people with untested jetpacks go?
I guess we'll never know. You think therefore you are, but if you don’t know
How can anyone?
Amor... it’s another word for love. Like finding air, it’s everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment